I was looking for a solution to the musty smell in my washing machine and found information quite easily. Here is what to do to get rid of it!
How to get rid of a musty smell in your washing machine
- Always leave the lid up after a wash to air the machine out**
- Don't overload your washer to ensure it can spin and drain properly
- Run a hot water wash with 1 cup of white vinegar -do this as often as you need to to get rid of the smell
- Alternatively -do the same with a cup of bleach
- Run a cycle with Glisten or1/4 cup of any dish washing detergent (yes I mean DISH washing) -this has been recommended for really suborn smells
- Try using Fleecy