Musty Washing Machine

Photo by, kassandrapoised

I was looking for a solution to the musty smell in my washing machine and found information quite easily. Here is what to do to get rid of it!

How to get rid of a musty smell in your washing machine
  • Always leave the lid up after a wash to air the machine out**
  • Don't overload your washer to ensure it can spin and drain properly
  • Run a hot water wash with 1 cup of white vinegar -do this as often as you need to to get rid of the smell
  • Alternatively -do the same with a cup of bleach
  • Run a cycle with Glisten or1/4 cup of any dish washing detergent (yes I mean DISH washing) -this has been recommended for really suborn smells
  • Try using Fleecy
** extremely important ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Awa -cute pic. I had to get rid of that smell in my washing machine too -it took me forever, wish i knew about your blog sooner!

    ReplyDelete