Simple baked tofu


Photo by lexikh

I like to cook. I stumbled across a really nice sounding baked tofu recipe on another blog. I thought I would post my simple recipe here and link to the new recipe I just found in the process.


I love baked tofu because it is simple to make, nutritious, affordable, very versatile to use and can be adapted to many flavor situations. Once I make it I can freeze cubes for salads and stir fries, throw some in soup, use in veggie sushi, add to pasta or take to work as a snack. I use a simple recipe based on one from one of my many treasured, Moosewood cookbooks.

It really is simple make: heat your oven to 350, cube your tofu and place in a large baking dish, splash 2 tbsp Tamari, Braggs or Soy Sauce, 2 tbsp olive or sesame oil, 2 cloves minced garlic and 1 tsp minced ginger in the baking dish with the tofu and stir. Make for 20 minutes -stir and then bake for 15 minutes more. You can get creative on your own, use chopped green onions and some sesame seeds, try Teriyaki sauce what ever flavors meet your recipe -go wild.

I saw this recipe on Domestic Affair:Redefining Domesticity. What a great blog! This baked tofu recipe also sounds wonderful, particularly the dressing that you pour over the tofu, cashews and vegetables when they are all cooked.

Sesame Baked Tofu with Cashews and Snow Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment